Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Pit Stop, Sun Prairie WI


For being the first burger that I had after I decided to write my blog, this one was actually pretty good. They char-grill them here and that always adds a bit of flavor. I don't know if they season the meat as its grilled, to be honest, I didn't pay attention to the bartender.

Met my friend "J" there after work, she had JUST finished moving and needed a beer. ("J" had the hot chicken fingers and cheese curds)

The burger was the size of the bun, and you can tell it appears to fill the typical bar basket. I bit into it, not sure what to expect. I was use to ordering the fancy burgers with all the toppings, but I decided if I am going to do this, I want the unadulterated burger. I had mentioned to "J"my thoughts about writing a blog about burgers so she was watching with anticipation for my reaction. I bit down and wow! It was probably one of the better burgers I have had in a LONG time.

I would recommend anybody looking for a good bar burger to stop in here and try this one.

I don't know if I am going to come up with a rating system or not for my finds, but for the recent past, this one certainly ranks right up there.

5 comments:

  1. Well Burger Man; I know a place that has fantastic burgers. But you really can't just have a meat burger. What's burger w/o all the trimmings? I ask you; who cares about the meat. It's the pickles; lettuce; onions; bacan and cheese that add to the perfect burger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that the condiments are good, but what's the point of having the hamburger included? When I eat a burger, I want to taste the meat, the seasonings, the lettuce, the onion, the whole works. Once you have the good beef, then you put the toppings on it, MAN, look out!

    I have gone to Red Robin and had their burgers. The toppings are good, but the meat had no flavor. Why not just get a fried egg sandwich instead of the Royal Robin burger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the Pit Stop burger. As a proud representative of the establishment, I can tell you we do season the burger while it's grilling. The seasonings are "secret" but Lawry's makes up a hefty percentage. You didn't hear it from me... =^) -D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was this last place at Holy Hill; or another town? Sounded good; how did you rate it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pit Stop is in Sun Prairie, is a tavern on the Main Street. It was probably one of the better burgers I have had in a long time. The place near Holy Hill is Tommy & Di's Rustic Inn, near Oconomowoc. I stopped there on the way back from HH ;-)

    ReplyDelete