Sunday, August 23, 2009

Eddie's Ale House, Sun Prairie WI


So, today was kind of an interesting day for me. Today, I am going to Bristol, TN with 3 friends for the Sprint Cup Race ~ we have gone the last 3 years, AWESOME. This year, we decided to leave on Wednesday night, as opposed to Thursday night. Past years I have taken the day off before we go so I can get the last minute things put together and just have a relaxing day.

Not this year.

This year, I had to work before leaving for the race. Big deal, you say? I didn't think so either. I got everything all packed up, ready to go. Got the cat fed and watered and got to work by 8am. So far So good. I walked in the door and expected it to be just a relaxing day, finish up a few odds and ends, and do maybe some work on a new job. That was pretty much the way it was. My boss told me that I may as well take the afternoon off, because there wasn't much for me to work on. WOO HOO!! I WAS OUTTA THERE!!

I had a few errands to run before going to meet the guys before the race, bank, store, relax a bit before the 13+ hr car ride. The phone rang. My heart sank. My boss called, a customer called and begged him to call me to come back and do a few changes. Being the kind of guy I am, not wanting to leave them in a lurch, I did. I went back and did the few changes. Why they didn't call 3 hours earlier? I'll never know.

I finished the change by about 4:30, still had time to run to the bank before they closed. Got that taken care of and realized I was hungry. But more than that, I was thirsty, thirsty for a nice beer. That got me to thinking about a place I had planned on eating at a couple weeks ago, but instead of a plain burger, I splurged and had their special burger. Today though, I went with the plain.

Eddies Ale House, is a fairly newer place in Sun Prairie. I have known the guy running it for many years. The bar is well lit, TV's where you would expect them to be, and they have many many many different bottles of beer (I hope "ale house" in the name would maybe give that away). I ordered a FAT TIRE.. my current favorite beer, and a plain hamburger. Glen looked at me odd, but said ok. The kitchen at Eddie's is about what you would expect in a tavern. Char-broiler, small prep area, kinda snuck in the back of the place. When she wasn't cooking, I could see the cook cleaning just about everything. That is HUGE in my book.

I got my burger and took a bite. MMMMM.. that was good. I didn't see if there was any spices or added flavors added while she was cooking it, but it had it. Flavor. My mood went from not good, to not a care in the world. Of course, the 4 Fat Tires had nothing to do with that. ;-)

They have a couple different burgers on their menu. The burger I had a couple weeks ago was even better than the one I had tonight, but that had their secret sauce and grilled onions on it. See, once you HAVE the good burger, THEN you add the good condiments!

No comments:

Post a Comment